Reference : 470105
The Soppec Colors rust converter is a “two-in-one” product, stabilising the rust and acting as a primer. Ideal for restoring rusted areas of paintwork on machinery, vehicles or other metal equipment: fencing, chassis, etc. Thanks to its deep penetration, it forms a high quality protective film, making this an effective and long-lasting treatment.
Properties of the Rust Convertor
- Application temperature: max 80°C, peak 150°C
- Dust dry after approximately 30 minutes
- Leave to dry for 5 hours between coats (Figures given for information only, actual times will depend on the temperature, paint thickness, humidity etc)
- Vapour pressure at 20°C: 4 bar
- pH: 4 - 4.5
- Spray flow: 0.8 g/sec.
Specifications of the Rust Convertor
Binders: blend of polyvinyl butyral, resins and solvents, free from heavy metals and mineral acids
Colour: clear brown liquid, on metal it turns dark blue/black once dry
Propellant: dimethyl ether
- Product Type
- Touch up paint
- 500 ml
- Box of 12 cans
Instructions for use
- Shake thoroughly before use.
- Remove any paint and rust residues with a metal brush or sander. The surface must be clean, dry and free of grease. When using outdoors, remove any moss or algae present on the surface. Cover the surrounding areas.
- Spray at a distance of 25 cm from the surface.
- Apply several light coats (+/- 4 coats).
- Leave to dry for approximately 20 minutes between coats.
- Once the final coat is completely dry, it is recommended to sand the surface to improve adhesion.
Health and safety
CLP labelling with four pictograms.
H222 Extremely flammable aerosol.
H229 Pressurised container: May burst if heated.
H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
H336 May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
Safety Data Sheet